Booking and payment
The holiday price you pay is fully inclusive of vat and it also includes all costs associated with running the property, there are no hidden extras once you are here.
On acceptance of your booking we ask for a non returnable/transferable deposit of £400. Upon receipt of the deposit written confirmation of your booking is sent to you. The outstanding balance is due 2 months in advance (3 months if booked from abroad). This can be paid preferably by bank transfer or otherwise post-dated cheque at the same time as the deposit cheque – in which case please make both cheques payable to T Stephenson.
If the booking is made within two months of the arrival date (three months from abroad) then the full amount is due straightaway.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form the contract between us, a contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
To avoid misunderstandings with our guests, we would remind you that a reservation constitutes a legal contract and no refund can be made. Each property booking is a separate stand alone contract and non transferable. In the event of cancellation one cottage booking cannot be transferred or used to cover another booking in the same or any other cottage.
A cancellation must be notified in writing. It is not our responsibility to refund if you choose not to take out holiday insurance. If you do not already hold annual holiday insurance we strongly recommend you take out specific holiday insurance for your booking. Holiday cancellation insurance is available at very affordable rates and gives you the peace of mind that your money is refunded should you need to cancel your holiday. You may choose to contact Pavey Group on 01803 401010 or PJ Hayman direct on 02392 419843.
However in the event of cancellation we will attempt to relet on your behalf but if unsuccessful the full balance will remain due as above (two months in advance).
Care and Use of the cottage
Arrivals are between 4.00 – 5.30pm on the start day until 10.00am on the day of departure, except Gate Lodge and The Retreat where arrival can be from 2pm. It is also possible to arrange a later arrival in any cottage, but please let us know.
Only guests listed on the booking form may stay or use the properties/facilities at Cheviot Holiday Cottages. The total number of guests during the stay must not in any circumstances exceed the number of beds (ie. no changing over of guests to re-use beds) otherwise the conditions will have been breached. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the property if you do exceed or intend to exceed the maximum capacity. We accept a baby(s)/small child(ren) under the age of two in a cot, otherwise children need to be listed as part of the cottage sleeping capacity on the booking form.
During the guest’s right to occupy the property, he/she shall not sub-let or otherwise part with possession of it.
The cottages are fully equipped including bed linen, tea towels and towels (bath sheets, hand towels, sauna/swimspa towels and kitchen towel) Bath robes are provided for all adults.
In certain cottages we can provide a child’s mattress together with linen and towels at an extra charge of £50 per stay.
We provide free of charge fold away travel cots, high chairs and stairgates for infants up to the age of two years. Please bring your own cot bed linen. Dovecote and Coach House due to their layout are only suitable for an immobile baby up to six months old. Gate Lodge and The Retreat are not suitable for an infant or child.
The use of accommodation and amenities is entirely at the user’s own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury or loss or damage to a user’s or visitor’s belongings.
All damages / breakages are the legal responsibility of the hirer and will be charged at replacement cost (that said we try to be fair and don’t charge for the odd cup, plate or saucer).
Our cleaning team are experienced and dedicated to their job however on departure, please leave the property ready for them neat and tidy with all bins emptied and all dishes washed and put away. Fortunately most guests do take a pride and look after our properties as if they were their own, however we do reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee in the unusual event of a cottage being left unsatisfactory (as a testament to our past guests in 20 years we have never needed to do so).
As a courtesy to all guests, smoking is not permitted within any of the properties.
To maintain our level of care and service there may odd occasion when we or our (accompanied) contractors need to access a property. We reserve the right to enter the property if needs be.
Gate Lodge & The Retreat
Gate Lodge and The Retreat because of the special facilities provided in them offer a unique intimate experience and are exclusively for the use of the two persons listed on the booking form and they are booked on the strict understanding that there are no extra visitors at all – alternatively please choose a different cottage from our selection.
To ensure our guests enjoy the Retreat swimspa and Gate Lodge hot tub and sauna we provide separate guidance notes and a one to one explanation for safe use. These facilities are regularly serviced and maintained to the best of our ability though no part or whole refund can be made in the unlikely event of a mechanical or other problem outside of our control which renders the installations unusable for all or part of the stay.
Full central heating (night store heaters in The Coach House) is included together with domestic hot water, electricity and logs. Like all other houses in Ingram, the properties are served by a spring water supply and we also have a bore hole – both professionally filtered and regularly tested so the water you use is pure.
The wi-fi internet service is hard wired to a router in each cottage and provided on a complementary basis. Whilst we will endeavour to ensure the service is available, we will not be liable if for any reason the service is not available at any time or for any period.
Mobile phone reception is generally good in our village for Vodaphone and less so for other networks. Therefore we provide direct dial in phone facility to each property. The phone number is 01665 578006 followed by the extension number of the property:- Coach House – 23 ; Dovecote – 30; Bluebell Byre – 24; Honeysuckle Cottage – 25; Stables Cottage – 29; Barley Mill – 26; Gate Lodge – 31; The Retreat – 22. The owners can always be contacted free of charge direct from the cottage phones during the guest’s stay for any urgent requests and the emergency number can be dialled direct from any cottage free of charge.
We take every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions and cannot be held responsible for changes beyond our control.
Force Majeure (factors outside our control)
If for any reason outside our control we have to cancel your booking you will be refunded the full amount of the booking, and should we have to terminate your holiday early for the same reason you will be refunded pro rata part of the booking paid. No other costs will be reimbursed and no other compensation paid.
Data gathered during your booking process will be held securely on computer.
Information you supply will be retained on our mailing list in order to send you new information and offers about the cottages. If you wish you can unsubscribe at any time. Your information will not be shared with any third party other than Premier Cottages who send an annual brochure and occasional mailout.
No pets are permitted in the cottages or grounds with the exception of designated cottages and their adjacent gardens including Barley Mill, Bluebell Byre and Stables Cottage where a well behaved, correctly managed dog(s) is permitted and pre agreed at point of booking and subject to dog owner’s conditions shown in full below and also on our web site.
Due to our wonderful setting here in the Northumberland National Park we are pleased to welcome well behaved, sociable and correctly managed dog(s) over one year old in Bluebell Byre, Stables Cottage and Barley Mill. Dogs and their owners can enjoy a great holiday in this area, many walks leading direct from the cottages and there are miles of splendid dog friendly local beaches within 30 minutes drive.
As animal owners and dog lovers ourselves we do understand and are as flexible as possible with a dog on holiday here, although there do need to be certain parameters for everyone’s benefit – after all luxury wouldn’t stay luxury for long if there weren’t at least some house rules for pets:
- Any dog needs to be booked in at the time of making the booking.
- Please advise age, breed and number on the booking form.
- We’re under no obligation to accept a booking until agreeing to age/breed/number of dog(s).
- We welcome gentle obedient dogs over one year old.
- Maximum of two dogs per cottage please phone/email to discuss if more.
- We do make a small charge of £40 per dog per stay.
- No refunds are made if for any reason you do not bring your dog(s).
- Dogs cannot be left alone in the cottage (in line with other quality cottages).
- They must be house trained and kept off soft furnishings and out of the bedrooms.
- There are many footpaths and bridleways straight out from our cottages – please exercise your dog away from the grounds and keep on a lead in the courtyard parking area.
- As we have white doves and endangered red squirrels on the Rectory main lawns and grounds – please walk your dogs straight out from the cottage and not through the Rectory grounds.
- We provide a bottom stair gate / hall gate to help dogs settle on their holiday – as they are not allowed upstairs nor in any bedrooms, bathrooms / shower-rooms or on furniture.
- These cottages have split stable doors to help you between kitchen/lounge and/or outside.
- Two hose pipes are available if you want to wash your dog’s legs after a walk. One by the stable block at front gate and the other on the front wall of Bluebell Byre in the courtyard.
- Our own dogs like the external hand held hot shower located at the stable block beside the main drive gate – you are welcome to use it just ask for assistance the first time.
- No dogs (except Guide Dogs) allowed in Guest Information Lounge.
Suggested pubs/visitor attractions where your dog will be made welcome:
- Valley Cafe in our village Ingram
- The Tankerville Arms at Eglingham in the pub and garden
- The Ship Inn at Low Newton-by-the-Sea (fabulous crab sandwiches!)
- Jolly Fisherman at Craster (bar)
- Crown and Anchor on Holy Island
- Warkworth Castle and Hermitage and Dunstanburgh Castle
- Berwick Ramparts
- Lindisfarne Priory and Holy Island beaches
- Joiners Inn at Newton-by-the-Sea
- Victoria Hotel Bar at Bamburgh
- Bamburgh Castle Inn (bar) at Seahouses
- Belsay Hall Castle and gardens and Cragside at Rothbury (grounds)
- Bailiffgate Museum and also Barter Books (England’s largest 2nd hand bookshop) in Alnwick
- Ford and Etal Estates
- Kielder Lakeside Way and the Boat Inn
- Chester, Housesteads Forts and Corbridge Roman Town
- Brinkburn Priory
- Heighley Gate a Wyevale Garden Centre.