We at Cheviot Holiday Cottages are committed to ensure our website is accessible to all.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us. We take our customers feedback seriously and strive to improve the experience for all our visitors.
Standards compliance and Validation
We at Cheviot Cottages believe that usability and accessibility is important. Because of this we have used the XHTML 1.0 and CSS specifications set by the W3C. We also endeavor to achieve AA accessibility. This is measured against version 1.0 of the WCAG. We’re aware that a number of the WCAG checkpoints are subjective and, although we believe that we have met each check, there may be instances where interpretation varies.
The website uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. Some browsers don’t support style sheets; in this instance the content flow has been tested to make sure it retains its sense. A separate print style sheet has been used to remove any unnecessary navigation elements.
Navigation and navigation aids
Primary navigation is found at the top of each page. Secondary navigation elements are predominantly contained in the right-hand column, however secondary navigation elements do not appear on all pages. A link to return to the home page is available on each page through the Cheviot Cottages logo. All navigation elements are marked up as HTML unordered lists and styled with CSS.
Structured semantic markup has been used on all pages of this website. H1 tags are used for main titles and H2 tags for subtitles
Images used for content in this site also include descriptive alternative text attributes. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank.
Font sizes can be changed by altering your browser settings. The Cheviot Cottages site has been built using relative font sizes, and will seamlessly adapt to varying requirements.
Colours on the Cheviot Cottages site have been selected to provide a suitable level of contrast for ease of reading.
- Our web site, www.cheviotholidaycottages.co.uk, is updated regularly.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made by email or telephone.
- We are always pleased to discuss your own requirements in full at the enquiry/booking stage.
- Full and current availability is shown in our website.
- The nearest railway station is at Alnmouth 19 miles away.
- The nearest bus stop is 3 miles away. Taxis can be called from Wooler or Alnwick.
- The nearest shop / post office / petrol filling station is at Hedgeley, 3.5 miles away.
- There are two supermarkets at Alnwick, 14 miles / 20 minutes drive.
- We provide a local food and drink delivery service packed away in your cottage on arrival – see website.
- The Northumberland National Park Visitor Centre is located 2 minutes from the property.
- Information files in each property detail appliance operation, places to visit, local walks, restaurants etc.
Telephone and Internet
- Mobile phone reception can depend on your network.
- Wi-fi superfast fibre connectivity is provided free of charge.
Graham or Trysha Stephenson
Cheviot Holiday Cottages
Telephone : 07909 700059
Website : www.cheviotholidaycottages.co.uk
An individual access statement is provided for each property below: